Sunday 24 January 2016

How I Became My Father…..A Drunk

Los Angeles, CA; 25, January 2016: William G. Borchert, the screenwriter of the most watched television movie ever made, ”My Name is Bill W.”, in his newest achievement, has authored a new book, “How I Became My Father…A Drunk”. The story probes the intimate details of a family devastated by the disease of alcohol addiction only to become blessed throughout the journey to recovery.

How I Became My Father…..A Drunk


The author of eight books and producer of other successful films, William G. Borchert is per-haps best known for the “Bill W.” story about the founding of Alcoholics Anonymous, starring James Woods, James Garner, and JoBeth Williams. He also wrote the highly acclaimed movie, “When Love Is Not Enough” about the founding of Al-Anon, starring Winona Ryder and Barry Pepper. The author and screenwriter said his new book was by its very nature the most difficult to write.

Commenting on the new book, Golden Globe and Peabody Award-winning producer Nor-man Stephens said:

“This remarkable family drama will touch the minds and hearts of millions of readers whether or not their personal lives have been impacted, maimed or destroyed by alcohol or they have been blessed by recovery.”

Oscar-nominated and Emmy Award-winning actor James Woods added, “I want to congratu-late my good friend, Bill Borchert, for writing another courageous story that will help many peo-ple, especially families, find their way out of the pain and confusion caused by the addiction to alcohol. I was proud to work with Bill when we made a movie together called “My Name Is Bill W.” It was the start of Bill’s attempt to help alcoholics find their way to recovery. I am especially pleased with his new book since it will help so many.”

Oscar-winning songwriter and actor Paul Williams added. “another tribute to Mr. Borchert’s new book.”

The book, released in the fall of 2015 by Story Merchant Books of Los Angeles, California is gaining momentum. While focusing on the belligerent, often hateful relationship between a father and his son stirred by abusive drinking that affects the entire family, the true story also highlights their startling and miraculous coming together through recovery.

“I am a fan of neither pain nor discomfort which is what this effort of disgorging the past en-tailed,” he remarked. “But some very good friends finally convinced me over a period of time that sharing my own experiences in addition to the generous input from those in my family clos-est to me could offer hope to other alcoholics and show families devastated by the disease that there is a way out.

“You need not be a member of the recovering community,” he said, “to be deeply touched by Bill Borchert’s writing. His chronicles of Alcoholics Anonymous co-founders’ journey in “My Name Is Bill W.” and the equally insightful and humanizing story of Lois Wilson, “When Love Is Not Enough,” were gifts to us all.

About:

This book is available through Amazon Books To request an interview, book copy or to schedule a media appearance contact us for more information. Follow William Borchert on Fa-cebook or via Twitter @BillGBorchert

For Media Contact:
Publicist: Cindy Villarreal
Phone: 512-659-2268

No comments:

Post a Comment